Skip to main content

Achanak hi meri duniya


Achanak hi meri duniya, bahaut takalif daiti hai, (1)
Voh aadat muskuraane ki, bahaut takalif daiti hai. (2)

Voh bachpan ki nami mukh par, voh mann ka saaf sa rehena,
Par ab aaena dekhu jabbhi bahaut takalif houti hai. (1)(2)

Voh dinbhar befikar rehna, voh khud ko baadasha kehena,
Aur ab bebash sa houne pe bahaut takalif houti hai.

Voh sach ka samana karana, voh mandir mein diya karana,
Voh chup rehena kabhi kis se, voh dhere dhere sharmana,
Par ab mandir ko kehne pe bhi, bahaut takalif houti hai. (1)(2)

English Translation:

Suddenly my whole world starts to trouble me, alot,
that habbit of laughing and rejoicing starts to trouble me, alot.

That cuteness on my face when I was a child,
That purity of heart when I was a kid,
and now when I look myself in a mirror,
it starts to trouble me, alot.

That careless living for day n night and ,
That behaving, as if I am a king, when I was a small,
and now when I find myself helpless and miserable
it starts to trouble me, alot.

That facing of truth boldly,
That going to temple and pray,
That staying silent by being afraid of someone for something,
That getting shyer slowly and slowly,
But now even to speak a word 'temple'
starts to trouble me alot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trigger Compassion: A Simple Exercise Anyone Can Do

Let's be honest. Compassion doesn't come easy. It's one of the most difficult things to achieve as a human being, and especially as a human in 2025. We're all wired to think about ourselves first. Our problems. Our bills. Our goals. That's just how society has shaped us - heavily individualistic and, let's call it what it is, a bit greedy. And here's the thing: no one taught us otherwise. Schools teach math, history, science, and basic communication skills. But thinking and seeing every situation from at least ten different points of view that triggers compassion? That skill got skipped entirely. And that's unfortunate, because to be compassionate is one of the most important things a human must learn. How do you become  more compassionate? You don't wait for it to magically appear. You trigger it. The Core Idea Here's what I've found works: You deliberately put yourself in someone else's shoes. Not in a vague "I feel for them" ...