Skip to main content

Jindagi na milegi dobara


Jindagi na milegi dobara / There is no second life / Life is to enjoy

I always wonder is it a pity that most people just don’t scrutinize the facts or is it an excuse, an anesthesia that humans use to bare themselves from the utter pains of reality.

A phrase like ‘Jindagi na milegi dobara’ for an example reflects so much of this mind numbness that I am talking about. An illusion that generation after generations endears. And it’s the universality of such an illusion that shocks to me my bone.

“Life is to enjoy” is such a blatant lie if you think about it. Rationally I mean. If there is not even a single trace of me left once I die then, what difference would it make in having a count of how many places I have visited? Or what family, village, state, country I belong? What difference would it make in whether I was a president of United States or a prostitute in a brothel in Calcutta sold by my mother? It might hurt, breaking an illusion of such kind; I know that, but it’s necessary to wake up and accept reality as it is, so here let me help you out.

“Santa Clause” is an imagination that generation after generations passes to their young ones, who will repeat the same process to their young ones and so on. If I don’t accept it, it wouldn't bother me anymore, isn’t? Similarly, “Success” is also a figment, an imagination in our society. It would be hard for you to grasp it I realized so let’s step back a bit.

What one is supposed to do with one’s life is certainly an important question and a human is bound to clash with it, once he or she matures. There are two alternatives now to deal with this situation. Either accept that we are all clue less and that we still haven’t quite figure out “the answer” if at all there is one or accept the second alternative, which is what most societies have already accepted, as its easier and it guaranties certainty of some kind, it’s somewhat hard to put it in plain words but if I am bound to, I’ll say it’s an idea of “Success”.

What’s success? In 20th century its, to have an education, to have a degree like bachelors or master’s, to have a house, to have a family, to have a car, to visits places, to have knowledge of science, history, geography, economic etc. The more the better and its endless, it has no limits, no endpoint. I mean it has to be “endless” or else it won’t work, I wonder if you see that. Endlessness is the key for the imagination of ’Success’ to work.

Now what will happen to a runner if there is no end to a race? Just imagine a runner is running with no end line. Obviously he will get angry, frustrated and exhausted wouldn't he? So the inventors of the race have to come up with a solution or else runners will stop running and it will create chaos. The solution is “milestones” the race just won’t end as you can have endless milestones. A runner will run until he hits a milestone and can rest, re energize his body and continue chasing another milestone. Smart way to keep the runners running in an endless race isn't  Brilliant I must say. The race, in here, represents life and runners are human beings, seven billion of us including you and me and milestones, are various stages of success that you and I have built up in our minds.

So, why are we still running? Well let’s imagine we all stopped, all of us, seven billions of us realized “he! You know what, success is an illusion, a figment, and I don’t bother about it” OK. Great.  What will we all do? There is not much to do, so most of the time we will be free and that will undoubtedly create chaos. We are not used to dealing with large chunks of free time. We haven’t evolved that much yet. Well not most of us I must clarify. Monks do for an example. In facts Monks, Nuns are the ones who have already realized this and have stopped running long time back.

Anyways, you see what I mean; ‘Life is to Enjoy!’ is just a technique to make it easy for you to keep running. No one actually knows what life is for? So don’t bother about whether you are successful? Whether you are educated? Whether you have been to, many places? Whether you look pretty? Whether you are fat or rich? Well mostly it’s correlated!

To conclude, the ones who have stopped running are definitely wiser so respect them and continue running if you wish. And don’t bother about how many milestones you have crossed, cause it doesn't matter, it’s all fake. Remember that you can stop running if you can deal with ‘free time’; whenever you want and please stop saying RIP it makes no sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming against the tide 🏊‍♂️

Need a favor! I will not have asked unless it was urgent and required. So please I do expect your full support in return 🙏 Why?  What's Happening?  We have taken up a fight against all the big whales. It’s been a couple of years and the fight is getting intense. The market is tough because of Covid-19, the Ukraine war & the inflation in the USA. And of course, the whales are not liking it any better that we are trying to bring down their prices. So basically, I and my team at BillTrim are swimming against the tide 🏊‍♂️ and need a tonne of support to make it to the shore safely. We have recently pivoted our business model from trimming your bills and charging 25% to something quite more appealing & committed called " BillPay ". Now, we not only negotiate your bills but also keep tabs monthly to make sure they stay lean and paid on time. This is another step towards our goal of having BillTrim be free for all users. We have finally decided to get into fight mode a

Asking the RIGHT question

It's surprising how human communication is so flawed and no one is paying attention to fix it at the fundamental level.  Just like the languages in Technology are evolving, well so should our human language. But sadly the language we use daily, to get by, isn't evolving to simplify our needs. We do introduce new slang and some words to our vocabulary every year but that doesn't help much.  Because of this oftentimes it's not that the answers don't exist, it's just that we aren't asking the right question. And this is true when it comes to asking questions to a computer or a family or friends or colleagues etc. Even media houses seem to be intentionally ignoring this and becoming more of an entertainment+ gossip propagator instead of helping society find answers and evolve. Let me give you an example. Let's say we want to know an answer to: How do I lose weight? Well, the default behavior is we stop here and immediately start looking for answers. But inst

ASSumption of SCALE

During a recent Skype meeting with one of our lead developer, I heard him say "what if we have 100 times ... " Now don't get me wrong, I have been there and done exactly the same, various time myself. But not having been involved directly, gifted me an opportunity to look at the software development process a bit objectively, over the past year. And I have come to this, unshaken realization, which is to "stop daydreaming on SCALE" and consequently make costly assumptions that will leave its ripple effects throughout the project. Unnecessary "Tech Debt" in other words. Imagine a 10-year kid planning on opening a lemonade factory after selling just 10 lemonade, of which 5 are bought by own family and friends. This is not only naive but also super dangerous thought that developers think of more than they should, especially, young ones. I will like to remind and request all startup developers to remember a principle namely "Do Things that Do